Thursday, November 13, 2008

Finding our place

Our little knitting group is in a constant serach for the "perfect" place to hold out meetings... the summer was no problem, the cafe on the St Stephan square and on the Szabadság tér was great, but they are closed for the fall... so we keep looking...
We like the Coffe Company (where teh pic of the yoga wrap was shot) is OK, but if there is more than three of us, we have difficulties to fin enough comfortable chairs, and we can hardly hear each other...
We went to the Teahouse To The Red Lion wihish is nice and not expensive, the tea is great too, but... it is dark, and the chairs downstairs are only comfortable for the time one sits down to drink a tea, not for prolongated knitting. The upper level, has pillows and bean bags on the floor. Again not the best for knitting, not to mention that there is not enough light and way too much noise.
This week we went to Lukács cukrászda (a coffe/tea/cake-house). The place is gorgeous, elegant. not too crowded, but..........way too expensive for regular meetings.
So the search is still on...
I leave you with a picture of Jenny (our member from England) knitting in the Lukács... She knits English style. Come to think of it we had about 8-10 people coming and going in our group, and we all knit differently...

2 comments:

Brussels Chronicles said...

This made me think of where I could gather for knitting with friends in my area, if I wanted to, and I must admit I would have a hard time naming a good place too (but this is probably because I don't go out much at all anymore). I can stow 5 people into my living room though (sofa + armchairs)... LOL !

peony said...

Oh I would love to sit in the cafe at the horse-place you take Hanna!!!