Sunday, June 14, 2009

Hey Red!

I could write down the story how buying a red skirt resulted in me buying a pair of red shoes, that resulted me buying a black skirt that made me think: "hmm a nice red cardi would finish this outfit of", but I spare you the details... those who know me, also knows how my mind works when it comes to clothes and outfits, those who don't would be bored by it...
It is enough that the red cardi ended up being knitted... started out as a really fast knit, but due to the recent reorganization project in my flat it dragged out much longer than I anticipated...
I guess I don't have to say how I love this pattern, since this is the second time I knitted it (and very easily not the last). The yarn came from the turkish comepany, ICE yans, so soft, especially considering it IS cotton after all. I also love the color, but boy, it is the splittiest yarn ever! Needles are 4.00 mm bamboo, and 3.5 addi circs for the button band and the neckline.


5 comments:

Brussels Chronicles said...

Wonderful ! This pattern really looks good in red !

herr_dr_nuss said...

RED LOOKS GOOD ON YOU!!!

Sch Gabi said...

Hi, Peony!
This is Gabriella, now in Finland and going back to Hungary in 7 days and I am Hungarian. I found you when I checked the KIP meetings in Hungary andalso in Jyväskylä, Finland - there was one here also but the weather unfortunately was really harsh. Is it possible that you organize the one and only knitting club in Hungary? I would love to meet you and may be join your club... I do no know how do you organize your club but please let me know if it is possible to meet and chat about the possibilities. I have been knitting only for 32 years and I know it is nothing compared to your 35 :-). It is so nice you keep trying to bring people together though crafts. I would like to organize a craft club in Wekerle where I live. Best wishes, Gabriella

peony said...

Szia Gabi!
Nem tudom, hogy ez valóban az egyetlen kötős klub, de mi gyakran találkozunk...
A klub nyitott, bárki csatlakozhat. A sidebar-ról eljuthatsz a klub blogjához (http://bpcraftclub.blogspot.com/) ahová feltesszük hol találkozunk, de mostanában a Szt. István téri California Cafe-ban szerdánként 5.45PM-kor.
Gyere, szeretettel várunk!!!

Lene said...

Beautiful red cardigan you have there! There is nothing so cheerful as red clothing!
Lene