Tuesday, January 11, 2011

There is hope

For me and spinning on the wheel...
I've been spinning on spindles for years now, and pretty quickly became fairly good at it (even if I say so myself :-)...But let's admit. As much as I love it and would not give it up, it is not the most effective way to make yarn. It is lovely, and ancient and all that (lets leave it for an other post fr me to wax poetic about spindle spinning), but it takes ages to spin yarn that would be enough to do anything...
Still spinning with the wheel eluded me. I do have two antique wheels which I try from time to time, but every occasion I get frustrated and decide it is not for me, and for me it is the spindle.
Then I tried Rita's and it seemed it is not me after all...But when I wnet home I was back to square one.
Me and my spindles.
Until Zsu made me try her wheel, and in quick succession produced these:
Just take a closer look at the last one...I think I could live with that :-)
So it is not me after all...
If you know me, you know what's next right? I am hankering after my own good wheel. So much I could cry sometimes. I will not rest easy until I do...

1 comment:

Brussels Chronicles said...

I told you I'd look for my mom's wheel in the attic ! I don't think she ever used it but she probably unwrapped it, and I wonder if all the pieces are still together, but I'll try to have a look !