Monday, January 26, 2015

Adventures in Fair-Isle land- Bergen Cardigan

Fair Isle knitting has long fascinated me, but usually I get stuck with smaller pieces, like hats... 
I did foray into the land of stranded knitting a few years ago with my red nordic cardi or the black hearts sweater, even gave a go to steeking with the harvest crdigan... This fall I decided I will venture even deeper and try to learn more about this strange, lovely and addictive thing.
 The DROPS Alpaca Party gave me the perfect opportunity to collect enough yarn for the a yoked cardigan,
 The stockinett parts would have tunred me wanting to poke my eyes out with the needles, if not for my university teachers, who, after three years of my training doesn't bat a eye when I take out my knitting... and then the fun part began...
 I can't explain how exciting to put one stitch after the other and see the pattern emerge...
To be honest, after finishing the sweater, I had it lying around in my living room, and I just had to pick it up time to time, and wonder, it I really made this...
 Pattern: Bergen Cardigan from DROPS
Yarn: DROPS Alpaca
Photos: Christopher Laurent Deli

1 comment:

kristieinbc said...

This sweater is so pretty! I love both the pattern and the colours! I agree about Fair Isle knitting being addictive. It's hard to put down when you are watching the pattern emerge. Right now I'm knitting a new Kate Davies pattern, Bluebells. Have you seen her new book Yokes? It has some gorgeous Fair Isle yoke patterns in it.