Wednesday, February 17, 2016

The same, but totally different

Among other things, the good thin in working with a knitting/crochet magazine is that I know well before the publication date what patterns will be inside.
When I first received the files for the spring issue of Simple Crochet's Hungarian version I knew at once that I will do this flowery shawl. 
So much, that I made not one but two version , and if my time and stash would allow I would do a few more.
Because this hexaconal motif is perfect to play with colors and shapes.
I love big, sizeable shaws, therefore I made mine a lot bigger in a regtangular stole shape first in brooding wintery shades similar to the original one. .
In the second version I only changed colors a shade or two lighter, used light, pearly gray insted of the dark heathery one, instead of the dark reds choose pink ones, and chaged the petrol to a light turqoise. I put the heaxagons together into a gigantic triangle, and the result is a lovely spring mood.
I could not make a choice, but fortunately I don't have to.
Yarn: DROPS Alpaca
Pattern: From Simply Crochet magazine
Photoes: Christopher Laurent Deli

No comments: